Friday, July 15, 2011

The Earth is My Altar


I dance along the spiral path of life
Singing my praise to the Goddess
For I am the priestess of this my sacred Earth.
From the highest mountains to the shallow seas.
The cliffs which lead to nowhere
to the path which begins at my feet.
I am the keeper of the gate, and I the key.
I may part the veil as I walk between worlds.
I shall dance with fae
in moonlights full embrace,
Feel the Earth at my feet
As the Air whispers my name
Burning with Fire from within
I am nourished from the sacred Waters of life.
My prayers begin and end within a dance of ecstasy
For the Earth is my altar, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.


by me with exception of the line:
For the Earth is my altar, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals. which is from the Charge of the Goddess by Doreen Valiente

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is a really beautiful poem! Thank you for posting it! :D By the way I love your blog! :)
    ~Brittany
    )O(

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews